SOUTH SEAS ISLAND RESORT: WORK IN PARADISE! Escape to a tranquil tropical island destination on the tip of Captiva Island! Work at a serene resort village and wildlife sanctuary, marked by 2.5 miles of beaches, gulf waters that glisten with endless shades of blue and boundless opportunity for adventure for our guests.
This upcoming year, we will begin writing a new chapter to add to our storied past. Elevated guest experiences, expanded services, and amenities accompanied by plans, to re-imagine and restore the famed South Seas Island Resort to its original grandeur.
WE ARE NOW A TIMBERS RESORT:
Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories. Our vision is a promise of Paradise Perfected. Join us and explore the ever-growing collection by Timbers Resorts.
An inspired, driven individual who with a strong attention to detail, believes in providing outstanding guest experiences, comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be the best they can be, while still being able to hold them accountable. If you are game for this exciting opportunity,
WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU!
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
In this position, you will be a valued member of the South Seas Island Resort’s Accounting Department. The Accounting Manager manages and completes a wide variety of transactions within the resort accounting department, while assistance the Assistant Controller or the Director of Finance with the direction and supervision of team members in the accounting department and all related accounting functions.
- Support accounts receivable functions, accounts payable functions and general ledger
- Utilize accounting systems to facilitate processes and maintain
- Support all aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting ).
- Assist in the formulation and verification of internal controls and policies to comply with
- Assist in the preparation of financial
- Manage journal entries, invoices, and other items to reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or
- Knowledge of accounting principles and understanding of all accounting areas (accounts payable, accounts receivable, income audit, and payroll) as required and in required time
- Assist the Assistant Controller or Director of Finance with bank statements, sales and occupancy taxes, corporate reporting requirements, budgeting, and monthly financial
- Assists with the Accounts Payable function, when needed, by data entering invoices for payment and/or scanning in documents for processing.
- Assists Accounts Receivable, when needed, with data entry for wholesale billings, managing groups, collection calls, and guest inquiries.
- Assist with Owner Relations accounting as needed.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of reports generated by the department.
- Establishes and maintains files.
- Obtains data and information necessary to assist in responding to inquiries.
- Answers incoming phone calls, and if required directs calls to appropriate team member or department.
- Assist in the completion of special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from accredited four year college or university preferred.
- Spring Miller experience a plus.
- HOTSOS experience a plus.
- Proficient in Windows, Excel, Office, and communication platforms such as Zoom.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as required to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be able to work for prolonged periods of time at the computer
- Ability to stand, walk and lift to 15 pounds
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD and Life Insurance
- 401K, company matches 100% up to 4% of contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO), increasing amount of time with tenure
- Transponder toll programs (if you qualify) for the Sanibel Causeway and Cape Coral Bridge
- $2 Employee lunches at our Keylime Cafe
- Employee discounts at selected retail outlets and selected SSIR (South Seas Island Resort) vendor activities
- Employee recognition through the year