At ALT, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
ALT is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
As our first Accountant, you will have the opportunity to develop financial reporting and analysis structures from scratch. You will play a vital role in ensuring we are making the best financial decisions based on data. You will be responsible for keeping a pulse on the financial health of the organization. This is a unique opportunity to have a massive impact on a company drastically changing the way people invest for the better.
The impact you will make:
- Working on bringing the accounting function in house and transitioning work from our external accountant
- Responsible for managing yearly financial audits
- Responsible for managing and reporting on financial forecasts
- Preparing and recording asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Owning and maintaining detailed schedules of revenue, deferred revenue, accounts receivable, and everything to do with ensuring we get paid
- Assist in the development and implementation of scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate close process and financial reporting
- Responsible for the AP function, specifically invoice management and vendor relations
- Preparing financial reporting and financial analysis focusing on key performance indicators
- Preparing variance analysis on the balance sheet and profit and loss statements
- Monitoring credit card transactions and expense reports
- Playing a key role in month end closing processes
- Reviewing monthly reconciliations of bank accounts to accounting system
- Preparing and reporting state and federal taxes on a timely basis
- Assisting with audit working papers and liaise with external auditors
- Testing and adhering to the Company's internal financial and operational controls and policies
- Areas you will be accountable to help manage and report on include our total cash burn, payroll, and runway
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years experience in an accountant position owning full cycle accounting at a fast paced high growth company
- Passionate about problem solving and investigating discrepancies
- Strong work ethic and communication skills
- Experience implementing and owning accounting and expense report tools such as QuickBooks, Expensify, Ramp, etc.
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail and time management skills
- A quick learner that is able to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a CPA license is a bonus
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial accounting fundamentals
- Significant proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets
What you will get from us:
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to ALT.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the ALT team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)
The starting base pay for this roles is between $115k and $160k. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors including work experience.