Chicago Ridge, IL
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
- Support the Senior Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller in managing the accounting and reporting for multiple clients serviced by CAS; function as a resource both internally and externally regarding procedures, issues and inquiries
- Support the Senior Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller in monitoring compliance with controls, best practices and SOCR (Service Organization Control Report, formerly SAS-70) requirements for the corporate client portfolio. Help develop and implement changes as required and assist in related annual SOCR audits
- Oversee the review activities performed by staff of 4 – 6 Accountants including workpaper reviews to assess compliance with objectives and adequacy of procedures and documentation performed
- Proactively manage the Oversight environment, ensuring key issues have been identified and addressed
- Conduct ongoing communications with Senior Leadership and business partners via findings, dashboards, KPIs, other reports- communicating findings, framing issues providing recommendations
- Hire, train, evaluate and develop staff members
- Work on special projects
- Adaptability- maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people
- Planning and Organizing- establish course of action to accomplish goals and evaluates results, develops schedules and task/people assignments, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Customer Focus- dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customer, acts with customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect
- Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Motivating Others- creates a climate in which people want to do their best, empowers others, makes each individual feel their work is important
- BS in Accounting; CPA and/or CIA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in accounting and financial governance required
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
- SSAE 16/SOC1 (formerly SAS70) or SOX related design and review of control platforms a plus; forensic data analysis a plus
- Excellent communication skills-both written and oral
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft applications with ability to quickly learn our systems: Yardi and MRI
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!