CaterpillarEast Peoria, IL17 days ago
As an Accounting Manager within the ICS Division at Caterpillar, you will play a critical role in managing the Investment Analysis, providing insights related to the Enterprise Component Strategy, and focus on strategic sourcing for the Integrated Drivetrain Business. You will manage all financial aspects for major footprint and strategic sourcing analysis covering facilities across the globe. Lead highly complex projects with significant investment, impacting other divisions across the company. Work with various Product Group, Purchasing, and Manufacturing Partners to develop robust financial analysis leading to delivery of OPACC to the Enterprise. This position will manage a high performing team of 2-4 individuals.
Job Duties of this position include:
- Manages a team of 1-2 management personnel work directs 1-2 Agency staff. Sets expectations and prioritizes work and projects. Analyzes staff-provided data for decision making at a summary level.
- Evaluates and reports on staff performance, participates in employee selection, provides career guidance and training direction, complies with personnel practices, and promotes team rewards and successes.
- Provides technical guidance and expertise.
- Motivates team members to work towards individual and team goals and objectives.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and cooperation.
- Participates in the development and support of business strategies
- Communicates effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers, including presentations to all levels of management.
- Proactively interacts with customers to develop, understand and manage customer requirements and expectations.
- Provides services, makes recommendations and manages costs.
Managing and Performing Complex Staff Work
- Leads team in more comprehensive, diverse activities that require interpreting and adhering to U.S. GAAP and Caterpillar’s accounting practices and procedures.
- Provides guidance and partners with appropriate experts for business issues of high complexity such as program analysis, funding, capital assets, and providing customer requirements analysis.
- Leads initiatives and makes decisions outside team to represent the group (e.g. process improvements, new business requirements).
- Collaborates with internal and external parties as appropriate.
- Provides creative solutions that challenge traditional methods and processes.
- Bachelor's level degree in Accounting; Non-Accounting degree requires 18 hours of core accounting courses or approved certification (CPA/CMA)
- 5+ years of accounting experience
Top Candidates will also have:
- Prior experience supervising small teams in accounting reporting environments.
- Strong acumen for managing large amounts of data with ability to summarize for executive review.
- Demonstrated excellence in Leadership, Initiative, Communication, Interpersonal, Judgment and Analytical skills.
- Business Analysis experience with Global considerations
- Must have a broad understanding of CAT and its products, as well as the competitive and supply base landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Relocation is available for this position.EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.