SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
SoundCloud is looking for a New York based Accounting Manager! You will be part of the Finance team which is spread between our offices in Berlin, New York and Los Angeles. The role will focus greatly on our music distribution and premium artist business lines. You will also work closely with other stakeholders across our multiple lines of business and the global teams, with your skills contributing to finance related processes and projects within the SoundCloud Group. With the majority of the accounting team based in Berlin, you will become a key figure in the finance function across the music distribution and artist businesses. These functions are more US-centric while being a part of the Berlin-based accounting team. Experienced colleagues are willing to share their knowledge, helping you to thrive, master your tasks, grow your skillset and widen your horizon.
- Managing monthly & annual closing and reporting for the distribution line of business:
- Managing Revenue Recognition and Accounts Receivable, including full ownership of the reconciliation process between DSP reporting, our royalties system and the general ledger.
- Managing Accounts Payables
- Managing Cash and Marketing advance payments and recoupments, including ensuring that all recoupable expenses are accurately associated with an artist account.
- Managing General Ledger bookkeeping, ensuring accuracy and completeness for all P&L and balance sheet items within your respective business line
- Processing of monthly reporting packages
- Partnering with our FP&A department
- Collaboration with other teams on accounting matters/projects, acting as a proactive business partner
Experience and Background:
As a motivated member of the team, you are keen to make an impact in many ways. Following the onboarding phase, you will be trained to take on ownership of processes and tasks. You will be given the opportunity to shape our processes and tasks, future-proofing and driving them to new levels of excellence.
We specifically look for someone:
- With strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 2+ years of experience within the Music Industry
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting, Tax and/or Auditing
- Being highly comfortable working in a fast-paced and ambitious work environment in which colleagues are measured by outputs and not formalities
You bring solid knowledge of
- Accounting principles (IFRS / US GAAP)
- The Music Industry
- MS Office
- ERP systems (preferably Oracle Fusion)
The salary range for this role is $80,000 to $110,000 annually. The final salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skills, internal equity, and location. We also offer a generous total rewards program - read more about additional benefits and perks below!
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead what’s next in music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting and promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.