At ALT, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
ALT is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager who will lead the creation and implementation of strong accounting processes and policies that promote transparency and accountability of our spend. The outcome of your work will allow us to make ROI-based decisions and have a strong feedback loop on how our actions impacted our business. This is a vital role to ensure we are maintaining a strong financial position and that we are spending appropriately to fuel our growth.
The impact you will make:
- Own the accounting function with best-in-class practices and standards
- Lead our internal audits
- Lead and execute a fast monthly close process to gain visibility into the business
- Develop monthly variance analysis review to keep all teams apprised of their budget vs. actuals
- Create processes, policies, and expense trackers with appropriate attribution to understand the efficiency of our lines of business; lead team leaders in the adoption of these practices
- Manage AP and AR for correct attribution and to shorten working capital cycle
- Work closely with the Finance team to review budgets and offer insights for how to best leverage our balance sheet
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience in an accounting position owning full cycle accounting at a fast paced high growth company
- Strong familiarity with modern accounting tech stack, as well as QBO, Netsuite, etc
- Excellent communication skills to those with finance and non-finance backgrounds
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail and time management skills
- Passion for fintech and/or alternative assets
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial accounting fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a CPA license is a bonus
What you will get from us:
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- $200/month work-from-home stipend
- $100/month wellness stipend
- WeWork office Stipend
- 401(k) retirement benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)
Alt's compensation package includes a competitive base salary benchmarked against real-time market data, as well as equity for all full-time roles. We want all full-time employees to be invested in Alt and to be able to take advantage of that investment, so our equity grants include a 10-year exercise window.
The base salary range for this role is: $120,000 - $140,000. Offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.