AutoNationPlano, TX17 days ago
The Accounting Manager develops controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, maintains accurate records, and establishes and maintains the data processing capabilities to accomplish the dealership's objectives.
Who would I interact with?
This position interacts daily with Controller, Accounting Associates, Sales Associates, Sales Managers, support staff and customers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Assisting in preparing financial statements in accordance with established timelines
- Interpreting and analyzing financial statements
- Maintaining an effective cash management system
- Approving adjustments to inventory, COS and expense accounts
- Administering payroll policies
- Preparing reconciliations for all accounts and physical inventories
- Automating all possible systems and establish controls
- Maintaining and post monthly standard entries
- Working with office staff to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks
- Reconciling all accounts prior to month end
- Assisting in completion of annual reviews and audits
- Completing end-of-month accounting reports as assigned
- Preparing a daily cash report
- Setting up and maintain accruals for expenses
- Running and reviewing expense trend reports monthly
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in a dealership office position
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Working knowledge of dealership financial statements
- Ability to explain technical financial information in an understandable manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of most accounting office positions
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.