Leads the accounting group in applying generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management.
- Supervises the team of accountants by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training team members, and manages their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives for the accounting team, establishes workflows and assigns properties and portfolios for effective and efficient completion of tasks, and implements process and procedural improvements to streamline work, increase productivity, and maintain service and quality excellence.
- Oversees and approves financial transactions and information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, balancing and reconciling figures, and making exceptions as necessary.
- Approves budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, mortgage payments and distributions, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
- Approves and authorizes exceptions to bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit and ensures accuracy.
- Develops and implements accounting control procedures by analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels to ensure expenditure control.
- Acts as liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to requests from owners, business leaders, property managers, and others related to financial reports, statements, and established budgets.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to business leaders and managers, team members, clients, internal and external auditors, and other business contacts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and property management (e.g. Yardi, One Site) programs in order to complete required reports.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percents in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor subordinate team members and/or peers.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- College degree in accounting, finance, or business is preferred.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $90,000
Compensation is based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
Corporate Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for an annual performance bonus that is based on individual and company performance.
Onsite Property Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for a discretionary weekly, monthly and/or quarterly bonus based on budget.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Robust Benefits Offered for Full-time Team Members:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 401(k) with Company Match (eligibility required)
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Critical Illness/Accident/Hospital Indemnity Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Paid Time Off: Time off benefits include vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick time and parental leave
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.