We are currently seeking an Accounting Coordinator to join our Accounting Shared Services team and be part of our fast paced, collaborative, innovative social-first digital media agency.
Who are you?
A highly organized, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-started who is passionate and enthusiastic about accounting. Other key qualities include hustle, flexibility, and adaptability in a highly challenging and rewarding environment.
- Organize, process and manage entry of Accounts Payable (A/P vendor bills, A/P aging review, and payment processing via check, wire or credit card payment methods) for specific legal entities
- Primary point of contact for all internal/external A/P related questions and communications regarding vendor payments
- Help set up new vendors within the accounting software system, maintain the vendor master file data, and manage the end to end vendor bill credit process
- Assist in daily cash receipt and payment distribution application in ERP (Netsuite), along with investigating and updating errors, unknown transactions and/or other issues
- Partner with the Shared Service Manager, Treasury and Financial Operations teams as it relates to payment related updates from clients on open A/R invoices and collection status, and ensure a strong understanding of the client/vendor relationships
- Create and apply credit memos for clients on an as-needed basis including coordinating with clients to ensure records for both parties remain consistent
- Perform weekly and monthly bank reconciliation processes for various North America operating bank accounts
- Collaborate with the Financial Operations (FinOps) team to prepare and generate monthly invoices for assigned clients based on stated SOW terms
- Manage CSI (payment platform) virtual card program for US subsidiary accounts
- Understand the lifecycle of agreement execution to ensure proper Finance involvement to track active/pending projects and drive the status of signatures (for execution) on SOWs, purchase orders, etc.
- Support ad hoc projects for Shared Services and NY Finance team, including reporting requests, fulfilling audit and sample requests for various types of external audits, participating in the project wrap process, etc.
- Assist with client billing and accounts receivables processes, as needed
- 2 or more years experience in an accounts payable/ accounts receivable role or similar banking support role (cash application, reconciliations, etc.)
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Requires knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office suite, Google Sheets and Google Suite/Tools
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders (Finance, Client Account teams, Project Mgmt., HR, Legal, etc.) and external stakeholders (vendors, contractors, freelancers, etc.)
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team, while thriving in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Highly organized, with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working remotely