Under general supervision, this role is responsible for the coordinating and reviewing fixed assets for Darden restaurant and administrative locations. This individual will apply fixed asset polices and capitalization guidelines during review of invoices and in answering questions from Brand Finance, IT and other departments.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in maintaining relevant policies and guideline as well as communicating any changes to team members.
- Communicate month-end reminders to team members.
- Review, process, and record fixed assets associated with existing restaurants, reclassing invoices, and process asset retirements (as needed).
- Interpret and apply fixed asset policies and capitalization guidelines during the review of invoices and construction documents.
- Lead in training new team members.
- Perform monthly audits over existing restaurants CIP lines booked by team members to identify and correct any errors impacting the financial statements.
- Prepare and process accrual journal entries to record depreciation/retirement estimates for assets which have not yet been booked and review month-end depreciation reports.
- Prepare and process accrual journal entries unmatched Purchase Orders and invoices placed in service but not yet booked.
- Coordinate with Lease Accounting team to appropriately account for lease end date changes.
- Coordinate with Brand Finance, IT, and other departments to allocate expenditures, record assets as projects are executed operationally and accurately capture/record IT rollouts and Brand Initiatives..
- Coordinate with Brand Design to accurately capture/record and allocate Prototype costs to the appropriate restaurants.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for certain accounts and transferred assets.
- Perform administrative tasks such as rolling forward month end checklist, updating productivity and preparing aging reports.
- Work on other special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Helpful attitude, demonstrates teamwork.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a high volume workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency, understands the importance of month-end closing deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, specifically the ability to create V-Lookups and Pivot Tables within Excel.
- Experience with Oracle and Discoverer, or equivalent systems & reporting tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting processes and practices including general accounting knowledge such as preparation of journal entries and understanding of balance sheet/income statement relationship
- Hospitality industry experience preferred.