The Accounting Assistant compiles and maintains accounts payable records. In addition, the Accounting Assistant controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Check and approve all vouchers for payment.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prepare invoice deduction notices, as necessary.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Answer all vendor inquiries.
- Analyze vendor accounts and negotiate extended terms with vendors when cash is restricted.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Process employee expense reports.
- Reconcile Cash Account daily and at month end.
- Print all accounts payable reports and maintain all accounts payable files.
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required.
- Assist with special projects, as necessary.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good time management skills.
- 0% travel required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates’ Degree or higher.
- 3 years of accounts payable experience or more.
- Proficient in SAP.
- Prior Manufacturing Accounts Payable experience is a plus.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer