We were born from an eclectic troop of performers. Come live the experience of being yourself every day to create the extraordinary.
Since 1984, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group has been focusing on ever more creative and magical work in order to constantly push the limits of the imagination and surprise spectators! Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our shows and will continue to transcend our upcoming productions around the world.
Today, we have a place for those who have a marked taste for thinking up exceptional products, for ensuring the smooth running of operations, for putting their ingenuity at the service of their team, in addition to contributing to enhancing their expertise and develop practices unique to Cirque du Soleil!
So don't wait any longer and join the Cirque adventure! You will meet ambitious people and people passionate about the world of entertainment!
Under the direction of the Chief Accountant - Touring Show Operations, the Accounting Analyst will be the expert on the shows under his/her responsibility, and will work closely with the other finance departments as well as with the various touring and business partners. In a dynamic environment requiring a high degree of autonomy, you'll support your co-workers, mainly the head and senior accounting analysts, as well as other team members assigned to touring shows.
The incumbent will be responsible for :
- Ensure proper accounting of TSD touring show operations;
- Be familiar with the contracts of the shows under his/her responsibility and act as a resource person;
- Take an active part in month-end processes and deliver all tasks relating to the financial results of the shows for which you are responsible within the set deadlines;
- Work closely with tour accountants and senior tour managers to support them in their quarterly forecasts;
- Complete quarterly forecasts and participate in the budget process;
- Support tour cost center managers in the preparation of their forecasts;
- Prepare monthly variance analyses (actual vs. budget vs. forecast) for his division's shows;
- Participate in the quarterly analysis process provided by the financial information team (explanation of variances);
- Assist in the preparation of external audit and tax files, and answer questions;
- Actively participate in the integration of new projects in your sector;
- Document your work procedures to promote interchangeability with your colleagues;
- Ensure compliance with the company's accounting standards and administrative procedures;
- Improve and ensure the necessary internal controls of all processes under your responsibility.
YOUR UNIQUE EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree in business administration (B.A.A.), accounting option, or equivalent;
- Recognized accounting designation;
- Minimum of three (3) years' relevant experience in a similar position, ideally with a large company;
- Excellent command of Excel;
- Experience using ERP systems, such as SAP, an asset;
- Knowledge of LongView, an asset;
- Thoroughness, autonomy, sense of responsibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Strong analytical skills, ability to establish and maintain clear and structured communications;
- Knowledge of US GAAP an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
To keep pace with the creation, production and distribution of our products, our employer proposal is unique.
HERE IS AN OVERVIEW
- An inclusive hybrid work mode based on team experience and flexible working hours
- Access to an individual office on the days you come to the Montreal Studio, a stimulating environment that will allow you to put all your creativity to good use
- A culture focused on the development of fair practices and unifying events
- Professional growth focused on high quality projects to propel your career
- A group insurance program, RRSPs and other benefits that we will be happy to present to you
- Personalized support adapted to your professional ambitions: training program, regular check-ins, inter-team contribution.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is committed to creating and maintaining an accessible and inclusive workplace. Proud ambassador of equality in employment, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is committed to eliminating discrimination based on age, skin color, origins, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation and any other characteristic. Neutral and inclusive writing is now preferred for all new job postings.