Accountant II ( Lead)
AbbottCharlottesville, VA24 days ago
THIS ACCOUNTANT II IS A LEAD ROLE WITHIN OUR FINANCE / INFORMATICS GROUP LOCATED AT CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. As a key member of the Finance team, the Accountant II duties will include overseeing and accounting for accounts receivable and accounts payable activities. Other opportunities may include projects such as ERP implementation, and other Abbott integration projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Record monthly and daily journal entry adjustments timely in accordance with US GAAP accounting standards and company guidelines.
- Reconcile and maintain monthly accruals.
- Review and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts.
- Manage process to send monthly customer account statements.
- Lead team in contacting customers with overdue balances and work with them to bring their accounts current.
- Manage internal credit hold process and update systems.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and manage retirements and new asset additions
- Enter vendor payables and process bi-weekly check runs.
- Process vendor application forms, W-9 requests, and other external communications as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- College Degree in Accounting or similar or 4 years of experience in a similar role is required. High school diploma or GED at minimum is required
- In addition to the above, two or more years of experience is required at this level in a similar accounting role.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Strong technical and analytical abilities
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- SAP experience
- Able to work within a Team environment
- Lead or mentor experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- FINANCIAL SECURITY through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- HEALTH CARE AND WELL-BEING PROGRAMS including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- PAID TIME OFF
- 401(K) retirement savings with a generous company match
- THE STABILITY OF A COMPANY with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.