SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Accountant, reporting to the Accounting Manager, is a critical member of the General Accounting team who will play an impactful role in the day-to-day accounting operations of SpaceX. The Accountant will be responsible for recording accounting transactions, preparing various balance sheet reconciliations and providing support for other ad-hoc requests. The ideal candidate will be an independent, creative, dynamic, collaborative problem solver.
- Prepare daily cash transactions and reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare invoices in accordance with milestone payment terms and as needed by management
- Prepare other general ledger journal entries (i.e. prepaid assets, accruals, etc.) including balance sheet reconciliations and identify and resolve variances
- Assist in month-end close reporting process including participating in continuous process improvement efforts
- Provide support for financial statement audit as well as other various audits
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
- 2+ years of professional experience in general accounting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- CPA designation with public accounting experience
- Strong accounting knowledge and an understanding of US GAAP
- Positive attitude and ability to be flexible to changing priorities, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end close
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, initiative, and the ability to be a self-starter
Accountant: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.