Account Representative Intern
We are looking for current students to join Uber as an Account Representative Intern this summer (2023) for 12 weeks!
You will be immersed in Uber’s high impact Sales & AM team culture and will partner with a mentor and a host of other team resources to experience the dynamics of the Sales world.
The Account Representative Internship is a phenomenal opportunity to demonstrate your interpersonal skills and abilities in order to expand the number of merchants that work with Uber Eats.
Who are we looking for? Someone who is natural at selling or influencing and knows where the best eats are around town, passionate about food and Uber, and enjoys negotiating to build the best partnerships.
What You’ll Do
This is an opportunity to gain experience in sales and relationship building in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Learn/build prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with merchants in your defined territory
- Clearly communicate the value of Uber and its newest products to prospects
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly targets
- Partner with our Operations Team and Account Managers to smoothly activate the best merchants
- Update customer information in the company's CRM, identifying and correcting data inconsistencies, cleaning up duplicate data, ensuring data hygiene best practices are followed.
- Update merchant menus, photographs, provide support to merchants, and participate in training and development opportunities to help create the best eater experience. They will work closely with merchants to ensure their menus and photography are optimized for success on the platform.
- Help us identify and build best practices for our future intern classes
- Act as an ambassador of Uber Eats' mission, brand, and product
- Proactively maintain communication channels with prospects via email, phone, and face-to-face meetings
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business or related field with at least one semester/quarter left after completion of internship (Class of Dec. 2023 - July 2024)
- Availability to embark on an exciting 12-week internship focusing on a real-time, impactful business challenge to begin June 2023.
- Prior sales or cold calling experience is a plus
- Experience in sales through case competitions, class projects, student organizations, internships or work experience
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Experience with Salesforce
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to multi-task and follow-through while paying attention to detail
Whether it’s a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the UberEats team connects people with what they want, when and where they want it. The UberEats Sales Team is responsible for anticipating the wants and needs of our end users. When there’s a new restaurant in town, we are on it!
Our UberEats Sales & Account Management Team is on the frontline introducing restaurant partners to Uber Eats and partnering with restaurants to grow our businesses together.
Each day, we bring the mindset of a champion. Our ambition is what drives us to achieve our mission. How we define a champion mindset isn’t based on how we perform on our best days, it’s how we respond on the worst days. We hustle, embrace the grind, overcome adversity, and play to win for the people we serve. Because it matters.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base hourly rate amount for this role is $30.00 per hour.
You will also be eligible for various benefits.