Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone, anywhere the ability to easily create, market, and sell their own online courses. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Do you have a passion for building customer relationships, with a proven track record of driving revenue growth and delivering results? We’re looking for an Account Manager to join us at Thinkific.
As an Account Manager at Thinkific, you will work closely with our valued Thinkific Plus customers, building relationships that will help them achieve their business goals and drive revenue growth. You will play a key role in driving Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) per customer, by identifying areas for growth and expansion, taking new products to market and reducing customer churn. Reporting to the VP of Sales, you will be part of a dynamic team that has the opportunity to make a real impact on the success of our customers and our business.
Your goal will be to drive revenue growth and retention among our high-value Thinkific Plus customers. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Identify, develop, and influence areas of expansion for our Thinkific Plus customers by understanding customer business objectives and educating them on how Thinkific can provide additional value to reach their goals
- Leverage your expertise in sales by creating opportunities and managing an effective sales cycle, ultimately driving MRR growth
- Renew and renegotiate Plus customer contracts
- Collaborate closely with the Customer Success team to effectively manage customer churn by identifying pain points and implementing targeted strategies to retain customers
- Take new Thinkific products to market and identify Plus Customers for those products
- Help existing Plus customers achieve their goals through conducting business reviews and developing action plans
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 2+ years of experience in an Account Management role (with a focus on retention), and 5+ years B2B sales experience in a fast paced SaaS environment
- Has a track record of meeting sales quotas and managing multi-stakeholder $30k+ deals
- Is fanatical about customer success– they hold a natural curiosity, tenacity, and drive to help customers solve problems
- Can successfully manage a portfolio of high-value accounts while consistently meeting revenue growth targets
- Has experience conducting thorough account research and crafting effective growth strategies
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Familiar with sales methodologies like MEDDICC and Gap Selling or equivalent
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview process for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and a Top Small & Medium Employer!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!