Account Managers will produce positive sales growth for a specific geography or vertical market with an average of 30-35 current accounts and average of $2 to $3.5M dollars annually. Use Grainger's Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Salesforce, to perform all the aspects of business daily. You will report to the District Sales Manager of Manufacturing.
- Understand customer goals and remain alert and responsive to changing customer needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of market data and access to resources to quickly respond to new developments in the customer's business
- Oversee support of managed inventory tasks to guide greater understanding of the customers, increase contacts within the customer group and increase sales results.
- Understand Grainger's Value Proposition by providing solutions to grow profitable sales
- Develop account penetration strategies to include regular business reviews for essential customers to maximize sales
- 3+ years of direct outside sales experience
- Sales forecasting opportunity management and customer planning
- Travel required to each customer within aligned market at least once per month, or more frequently where needed
- Process discipline, ability to align planning goals with a pipeline development process to grow market revenue
- Ability to utilize sales process to uncover customer objections/concerns, and determine appropriate solutions
- High School diploma or GED
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.