As a member of Vanta’s Account Management team, you will be responsible for the expansion and retention of a subset of Vanta’s Customers by developing and maintaining strong relationships with our customers. You will serve as the primary point of contact for all post-sale commercial conversations, including mid-cycle upsells and renewals. As a trusted advisor to the customer, you will deeply understand their business needs and align Vanta’s solutions with their objectives to help mature our customers’ compliance and security program.
At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it.
The goal of this team is to achieve overall net revenue expansion of the Vanta customer base, as measured by Net Revenue Retention. They will ensure customer’s security and compliance goals are aligned to their company growth needs and with Vanta’s solutions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned accounts, acting as a trusted advisor and strategic partner.
- Develop a deep understanding of Vanta’s current product offerings and take initiative to learn Vanta’s product roadmap to speak confidently when addressing customers.
- Maintain strong partnerships and alignment with CSMs to understand customer health, ensure close strategic collaboration and execute harmonious communication to accounts.
- Collaborate on account plans that identify new opportunities for expansion with current customers to increase their usage of Vanta’s platform via new frameworks, security tools, etc.
- Manage the entire sales cycle of any expansion or renewal opportunity from first meeting to close, negotiating where necessary and pulling in additional internal resources where appropriate (solutions consultants, subject matter experts, etc).
- Accurately forecast monthly expansion and churn, and maintain a clean SFDC instance with scrutinous pipeline hygiene.
- Keep a relentless focus on the customer needs and provide a consultative approach in architecting a solution.
How to be successful in this role:
- Have 3+ years experience selling to or managing customers
- Strong ability to prospect and build pipeline without assistance from BDR and/or inbound support
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, visual), both for internal audiences and customer-facing messaging
- Be highly motivated with a sense of urgency and willingness to adjust
- Able to effectively collaborate with a wide range of departments including CS, Marketing, Enablement, and Support
- Previous experience in security and compliance is not required, but highly desirable!
Pay Range: $93,000 - $110,000; If you are offered the position, your offer amount will be based on your experience.
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.