We are an intrinsically motivated team that works without ego, is constantly learning, and gains a deep sense of satisfaction when our customers email us thank you letters like this one:
"I can’t praise Distru enough, it’s head and shoulders above any platform I’ve encountered to date. Thank you for your persistence and providing us with the right tools."
You will be working closely with our customers and take ownership over major aspects of our upsells and collections. This includes working through complex customer workflows, promoting new features we've released, working with our customer success team to train the customer, and collecting past due payments. This is a cross-functional role that will have you collaborating with sales, accounting, customer success, and marketing. Being proactive in ensuring the customer feels understood and set up for success is always top of mind!
This is a remote full-time opportunity.
- You believe that attentive listening & positive attitudes go a long way
- Excited to take ownership of new challenges and implement new solutions
- Inherent desire to delight customers & make people happy
- Task-oriented with strong follow-through
- You are very Goal-oriented and willing to go above and beyond to reach your goals
- Team player, you want to work with as a team to help Distru beat out the competition
- Organized and very good at time management
- Flexible, as a start-up things are changing quickly, you need to be able to take those changes and adapt
- Can effectively communicate with internal teams while being remote
Things you might work on:
- Work collaboratively with the founders to execute and improve our upsell and collections strategy
- Test different outreach methods (email subject lines, value propositions, etc) to find the best ones that work for you
- Inspire customers to adopt new Distru product lines through deep understanding of the reality of value per segment
- Appropriately manage accounts to maximize their revenue and value received
- Be able to successfully reach and exceed quota after 3 month ramp period
- Give regular actionable product feedback/recommendations
- Master the tools we use in-house (i.e. Hubspot, Chargebee) and implement new tooling
- Set and accomplish clear daily & monthly goals with the team
- Attend conferences with the team
- Willing to put in effort to better your knowledge and sales skills
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every interaction
- Update customer information in the customer service database during and after interactions
- Stay updated on product knowledge and be informed of how it affects customers
- A strong desire to learn and succeed in supporting the cannabis industry and the operations in it
- 2+ year experience in the cannabis industry or adjacent industry i.e. supply chain, wine/beer, ERP, etc.
- Personally educated humans to use a tool or learn a concept
- Proposes solutions, doesn't just point out problems
- Organized and managed customer and/or peer relationships
- Curiosity and/or deep knowledge of our customers and their business models
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfort on the phone, strong email writing skills, and happy to handle objections
- A good sense of humor and desire to have fun
Preferred not required
- Strong and proven track record of successfully managing client relationships and technical projects
- Worked directly with a product and/or engineering team to communicate and prioritize customer needs
- Financial background and/or working closely with a CFO
- Enterprise-level onboarding customer management
- Organized, grown, and managed a book of business to increase revenue
- Proof of being a top performer at previous sales role
- Previous CRM/Tool experience i.e. Hubspot, Chargebee
- SaaS experience
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental insurance coverage for employee, and 90% for spouse, domestic partner, and any dependent family members.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous stock options with employee-friendly exercise terms and post-termination exercise window
- 18 days Paid Time Off (We want you to use these!)
Once you’re a part of the Distru team, it is our job to make sure that you’re empowered to reach targets that excite you. We are a lean startup team and want everyone to feel like they have a real impact on our customer growth and company’s success.
If this sounds like something you’d want to be a part of and you think you’re ready to go, please apply below!
Distru was formed by an environment of mutual respect and trust made up by people working together without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success and we proactively strive to recruit, develop and retain the best and brightest people from the most diverse candidate pools we can find all over the world.