The Account Manager position is responsible for actively calling on current and new customers. The position involves visiting California state licensed cannabis retailers and introducing them to HERBL Distribution Solutions and the benefits our products and services offer. The Account Manager should be familiar with California cannabis industry trends, especially within their assigned territory, and have a thorough understanding of the broader cannabis industry. HERBL Account Managers are comfortable in a fluid, dynamic startup environment, passionate about the cannabis industry and bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Visit retailers on a daily basis to understand customer needs and desires and deliver effective, compelling sales presentations; spend majority of time in the field visiting retailers
- Set up meetings with prospective customers via cold-calling, email, and social media outreach
- Use a customer-focused, consultative sales process to educate prospects on what products will best fit their needs
- Follow-up with prospective accounts to stay top of mind and close new business
- Collaborate with our support team to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for new retailers.
- Collaborate with our brand partners to facilitate on-site patient appreciation days, budtender education events, and other events on a regular basis
- Respond to phone and email inquiries in a timely, efficient, and professional manner
- Maintain expert-level knowledge on our full product catalog as well as the latest trends in the cannabis industry
- Work with the marketing team to develop new sales material and refine company messaging; relay feedback from customers to the marketing, customer care, purchasing, and operations/transportation teams on a regular basis.
- Maintain customer relationship database and ensure that all information is up-to-date and accurate
- Understand the general regulatory concerns in the cannabis industry and stay current on industry trends.
- Track weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics.
- Achieve or exceed individual and department sales goals as set by the Area Sales Manager and Sales Director.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant field sales experience in the cannabis industry required
- Personal list of cannabis industry contacts a plus
- Proven track record of developing and executing a sales plan, building new business, and meeting/exceeding sales quotas
- Proficient technical skills including use of MS Office, Google Drive, and CRM software
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, insurance, and a clean driving record
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively with a variety of people. This position requires sitting/standing at a computer for very long periods. This job operates primarily from a home office environment and requires the ability to visit client locations on a daily basis. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, mouse, and keyboard. This position is full-time and typical work hours occur Monday through Friday and between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm but may also occasionally occur outside of typical work hours including some evening and weekend work.
Frequent travel within sales territory is required; residing in territory is preferred. Occasional out of area and overnight travel required.
HERBL is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of non-traditional backgrounds, people of color, all genders and gender expressions, people with cannabis-related criminal convictions, veterans, and people over 40.
HERBL is laser-focused on the distribution of naturally derived products, giving all of our attention to supporting brands and retailers in what’s best for their businesses. We believe having company-owned brands inherently creates a conflict of interest, so we have chosen to be a pure play distribution company. By not having company-owned competing brands, you can take comfort in knowing that every action we take is in a brand or retailers best interest.
We care deeply about relationships, integrity, collaboration, and are always committed to doing what is right. We honor this belief when working with our suppliers, our customers, and our team members. The HERBL team is a blend of individuals who have significant experience from many different backgrounds including, but not limited to Supply Chain, Sales, and Operations in high-volume distribution.