Reports to Operations Supervisor
Under the direction of the Operations Supervisor, the Account Manager will be the main point of contact for our clients. This position will be responsible for communicating with our clients, their suppliers, and our carriers. The Account Manager will be responsible for the review and processing of customer orders and complete execution for all shipments in their respective portfolio ensuring timely delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Build strong relationships with customers and internal partners
- Execute day-to-day transportation needs, including scheduling, tracking and tracing shipments, and communicating status updates with the broader team
- Identify issues, utilize resources to determine the best course of action, and implement solutions
- Understand customer processes and identify areas for improvement
- Respond to customer inquiries and provide updates in a timely manner
- Understand customer/carrier rating to properly provide quotes to customers based on specific freight criteria
- Maintain daily reporting schedule utilizing internal systems
- Generate and maintain up-to-date and accurate customer records and shipment documentation
- Effectively communicate necessary changes or adaptations important to the customer shipments in a timely manner
- Process all inbound, outbound and return shipments using TMS (Mercury Gate) software and other tools for accurate and timely delivery
- Participate in phone coverage answering direct and indirect phone calls
- Provide excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Adhere to Evans’ Five Guiding Principles, all departmental and company procedures, policies and handbooks
- Involve the Account Executive when needed for significant problem resolution, complex solutions, group conference calls, or other items needing escalation.
- Collaborate with the Account Executive and the KAM to provide insight on day to day activities that would be impactful for the retention and growth of your accounts
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years related experience
- Additional years of education and experience may be substituted for each other, as determined by Management
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a Transportation Management Software (MercuryGate) is preferred, but not required
- Transportation experience and working knowledge of industry preferred, but not required
- Elevated level of organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to read, write, type and speak English fluently is a requirement of this position
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to use a keyboard, calculator, and telephone. Frequent sitting, talking, hearing, and occasionally stand, lift (up to10 lbs.), and an ability to adjust vision for close vision work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Evans offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, 401k matching, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, a casual, friendly work environment, and the opportunity to contribute to and prosper at a quickly growing company.