Girlboss is a community of strong, curious, and ambitious women redefining success on our own terms. We hope to inform, entertain, and inspire action through the content and experiences we create. We are unapologetic in our beliefs and values of supporting girls and women who are chasing dreams both big and small in a shame-free zone.
We believe in transparency and feedback, taking extreme ownership, being positive problem solvers and infinite learners, under promising and over delivering and having fun along the way.
Girlboss is looking for an experienced Account Executive to join the Brand Partnerships team, reporting directly to the CEO. This person will be responsible for driving revenue in a way that will organically add value to our partners, our readers, and our community.
We’re seeking a relentlessly motivated and proven seller who is ready to roll up their sleeves, think outside of the box, and get creative with branded partnerships and native ad campaigns. This role is perfect for an individual who is driven by growth, and who loves working towards (and achieving) tangible and measurable revenue goals. This will be achieved through some combination of leveraging deep agency and/or brand connections as well as introducing the Girlboss community to a wide array of brands and advertisers.
- Out deliver on revenue goals by seeking partnerships with brands through ad/media sales and various strategic brand partnerships
- Forecast revenue, managing pipeline and CRM, and, create a bottoms up and path to goal, focusing on key accounts that drive the business forward
- Planning, management, and execution of brand partner prospects and campaigns
- Use a consultative approach by offering strategic media and win-win solutions with all clients
- Liaise with cross-functional teams on executing strategic initiatives
- Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service
- Regular reporting and tracking of KPIs across brand partnership campaigns and pipeline
- Management and tracking of creative requests and project briefs, ensuring deadlines are met
- Create best-in-class, beautiful, and memorable presentation and pitch materials
- Relentlessly evangelize the Girlboss mission and vision to clients, internal and external stakeholders, and greater business community
- Professional digital or integrated media sales experience (2+ years of digital media sales experience)
- Outstanding professional record of achievement, with a history of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience helping clients execute rich, multi-faceted and branded campaigns
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength in building lasting relationships internally and externally
- Strong client relationships/network and an ability to independently build a large pipeline of outbound leads which result in closed business
- Thorough understanding of the full sales cycle and digital media operations. This includes researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals.
- Forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including an ability to create and deliver convincing arguments verbally and in writing
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to win
- Ability to take ownership and work independently to meet aggressive performance goals
- Embodies our core values and can drive our mission forward with integrity
Don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! We are growing fast and hiring currently for multiple positions. We look for core values alignment first and foremost. If you believe you have the grit and curiosity to be successful in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on legally protected classes in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws including ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity/gender expression. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please reach out to the hiring manager.
We thank you for considering this opportunity and thank everyone who took the time to apply. Please note that due to the high level of applicants only successful applicants will be notified. We appreciate your patience as we review all applications.