We are currently seeking incentive-driven sales talent for our Business Development team. Account Executives are responsible for building and growing a diverse portfolio of accounts through transportation and logistics sales. They excel on cultivating effective business relationships through inside and outside sales efforts. If you are results driven, highly motivated and hungry for the next step of your career, you are the perfect fit for Matson Logistics Business Development.
What you’ll do:
- Call on existing and prospective customer accounts for the purpose of securing new, or preserving existing, business resulting in Matson Logistics performing of intermodal (rail), highway (motor carrier), LTL and Air/Expedited services on a regional accounts level.
- Create and cultivate relationships with existing, new, and prospective customers and conduct effective sales presentations to generate business, which results in the realization of positive gross margins for Matson Logistics.
- Identify new business prospects, utilize industry network & personal contacts, and establish goals and objectives for obtaining invitations for Matson Logistics to bid on and secure business.
- Engage in activities including approved travel and customer entertainment intended to increase Matson Logistics’ market share, business, volumes, and corresponding margins within the G&A budget guidelines established annually.
- Act as a team leader and work effectively with internal teams to create customized transportation solutions for customers that are cost effective and reasonably supportable by Matson Logistics’ processes.
- Provide timely follow-up to customers, utilizing effective internal and external communications.
- Complete all sales and activity reports thoroughly and provide requested data on a timely basis.
- Effectively work with customers to set realistic customer expectations; clearly defining customer requirements and communicating them effectively within Matson Logistics; manage customer accessorial processes and work with finance to ensure timely collection of amounts due.
- Comply with all company rules, policies, and procedures. Work and behave safely by following all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
In addition to those essential job functions identified above, individuals in this position are also responsible for performing other duties or tasks that may be assigned. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the essential job functions of this position at any time.
You have these skills:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with internal teams and create customized transportation solutions for our customers.
- Ability to utilize all necessary forms of available information technology, including Internet, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint to maximize effectiveness of regional sales efforts.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
And these qualifications:
- High school degree or G.E.D. and five (5) or more years of transportation sales experience required.
Extra credit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Business, Marketing, Transportation, or related field.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
At Matson Logistics, we're looking for people to build a unified team to maintain our values of trust, integrity, and reliability. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and thoughtfully challenge assumptions.
Matson is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, AIDS/HIV status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including, but not limited to, the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.