Leafly is hiring an Account Director on our Sales team to help drive client relationships and revenue through the acquisition, development, and strategic management of Leafly’s key advertising partners. Leafly is looking for someone with robust experience in online media sales, a solid understanding of digital media and advertising, direct experience building and maintaining enterprise level client relationships, and excellent communication skills.
Leafly’s sales team is a growing group of highly skilled professionals that focuses on helping advertisers and agencies achieve their marketing objectives via advertising on the Leafly platform. You will be the face of Leafly to prospects and clients, helping medium and large businesses alike. As a key member of our growing sales team, you will be a critical part of shaping our sales strategy and influencing the company’s product roadmap. This role and team have high growth potential and is a major strategic focus at Leafly.
WHAT YOU WOULD BE DOING
- Manage and deepen relationships with existing advertising partners, both with agencies and directly with advertisers
- Establish mutually beneficial relationships with new clients, educating them on Leafly and the value of the Leafly ads platform.
- Uncover business initiatives and pain points that map back our solutions across multiple lines of business.
- Work independently while collaborating effectively with internal sales leadership, ad operations, legal, product, and marketing teams on sales & product strategy.
- Lead with solutions when identifying opportunities for improvements in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Shape Leafly’s ad product and sales roadmap by aggregating and sharing client feedback and campaign metrics with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Potential travel up to 50% or greater across North America
WHAT YOU BRING
- 7+ years of B2B digital media sales and account management experience
- Experience closing sales and generating revenue with high achievement against monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Experience managing complex client relationships where the customer needs, sales strategy, and opportunity are not well defined. Experience identifying and aggregating performance metrics and insights into effective narratives, with recommendations, to external senior leaders.
- Strong client management skills and proven experience engaging with senior executives on marketing strategy.
- A deep knowledge of traditional and digital media and its market landscape
- A deep understanding of the way businesses operate and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level.
- Ability to self-start, work independently, and produce outcomes quickly.
- Excellent written, verbal, in-person, and video conference communication skills
- Proficient in Salesforce CRM, order management systems, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Mac systems, and other digital marketing systems and social media networks
WHAT CAN HELP YOU STAND OUT
- A working understanding of programmatic advertising landscape in North America
- Strong relationships with non-endemic mainstream brands, endemic cannabis brands, and their agencies, is an asset.
- Knowledge and passion for the cannabis industry
- Knowledge of online advertising, digital media consumption patterns, and branding measurement
- 7+ years’ experience in a B2B Sales, Account Manager, or Account Executive role in a SaaS, Media services, or advertising industry.
- Experience with solution selling and using consultative sales techniques.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and quickly react and adapt to an ever-changing regulatory environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to challenge customers and defend Leafly’s value.
- Experience analyzing data, trends, and customer information to identify growth opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build authentic business relationships and deal effectively with relational challenges as they arise.
- Proficient with Salesforce
- Enthusiastic about traveling to visit retailers, up to 50% of the time.
WHAT LEAFLY CAN OFFER
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Equity plan
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% employer paid premiums for health insurance for employee/75% paid for dependents
- 401k employer matching up to 3.5%
- Pet insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully remote work environment
Leafly is on a mission to empower consumers, retailers, and brands in the cannabis space. Built as a strain database more than a decade ago, Leafly has since grown into the leading legal cannabis marketplace in the U.S. helping over 100 million annual visitors discover the right cannabis for them and buy it from local dispensaries, for pickup or delivery.
What’s more, Leafly is the world’s largest trusted resource for cannabis education, information, news, and trends. From our extensive strain database and Cannabis 101 to our flagship Jobs Report and Social Impact hub, Leafly plays a vital role in destigmatizing cannabis and helping consumers understand the power the plant can play in their own lives. We also partner with other mission-driven organizations to build a more just and equitable industry for all.
But here’s what you really want to know: a career at Leafly is exciting, rewarding, and ripe with opportunities for growth. We value creative thinkers, and offer competitive salary and benefits, excellent perks, incredible work culture, and the promise that you’ll never be bored. As a company, we’ve done some pretty amazing things—but none of it is possible without the amazing people who make up our team. If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll be joining a strong, innovative, and passionate group of individuals on a mission to change the world for the better.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
National Pay Range
$140,000 - $160,000 On Target Earnings (65 % base salary + 35% variable)
Salary may be adjusted based on geographic location.