You are organized, driven, and thrive in an ownership position.
You're ambitious and business-savvy enough to secure and organize high-visibility, large-scale projects. However, you know that maintaining close individual relationships and being a reliable liaison are the keys to building confidence and lasting trust with your customers. Can you see the big picture and the details? You have the potential to excel in this dynamic Account Director role with Cadent.
This position serves as the senior strategic lead for multi-project accounts. The account director provides management support and oversight for account project leads, drives organic new business growth within existing accounts, develops solutions for enhancing new and existing service offerings, and manages financial reporting and profitability functions for team.
Cadent specializes in high science, high touch peer to peer medical communications. The company excels in translating complex science into compelling messages that deliver value and action. Cadent builds relationships and collaboration between the biopharmaceutical industry and healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with clients about account and brand strategic needs that lead to organic growth
- Facilitate regular touch points with client to gauge performance and develop relationship
- Discuss efficiencies and areas of improvement for account and project work with client
- Mentor account project leads on superior client management
Management Support and Oversight
- Demonstrate superior management skills in the following areas:
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and make decisions independent from senior management Delegation of work to account project leads
- Providing appropriate level of one-on-one time with direct reports
- Complying with performance review documentation
- Managing internal team dynamic issues and challenges
- Demonstrate ability to engage in development and performance-improvement related discussions with direct reports
- Identify need for and provide staffing and structural recommendations to senior management
- Demonstrate team accountability in the following areas: Estimate and statement of work development for new projects
- Client signed estimate, PO, and invoice trackingDemonstrate ability to analyze project utilization reports and identify areas that require scope and budget changes; communicate scope changes with client
- Regular and accurate budget reconciliations for all projects
- Communicating budget-related details to client
- Assist senior management in forecast projections, updates, and corporate reporting requests Assist senior management in developing solutions for optimal profitability and staff utilization
- Assist senior management in identifying and quantifying areas for growth
- Drive organic new business growth within existing accounts
- Develop proposals and deliver new business presentations for new business prospects
- Develop solutions for improving existing and future service offerings
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we will consider transferable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required; MBA or advanced degree in related field, preferred
- Minimum of five years in marketing or advertising or with Cadent Medical Communications is required; six to ten years, preferred
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Can effectively manage time, multi-task, and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Must have a thorough understanding of client’s business/category and demonstrate a best-in-class approach in offering marketing solutions to an assignment, clients or category
- Prior business development experience and demonstrated success
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated success in managing a cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (may require specific industry and therapeutic expertise)
- Demonstrated experience working on, pharmaceutical brand launch, professional marketing (e.g. Direct-to-Physician, Managed Care/Health Care plans, devices, pharmacies, etc.), and consumer marketing (e.g. Direct-to-Patient, Relationship Marketing, Consumer Advertising, etc.)
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $110,000 to $140,000. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. In addition, some positions may include eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and / or individual performance.
At Cadent, our workplace is flexible, family-oriented and places high importance on work-life balance. The engaging and rewarding nature of the work that we do is evident in the enthusiasm employees bring to the office every day. Overall, Cadent has a commitment to integrity, a commitment to client satisfaction and a commitment to employee satisfaction and development.
Cadent is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Syneos Health has a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Syneos Health customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Syneos Health and maintain compliance with these requirements.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position will include a competitive compensation package, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos Health complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.