ZoomRemote5 months ago
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Zoom Accessibility engineering team is committed to making Zoom products easy to use and accessible to people with a wide variety of needs. We strive to continually understand the ways users with diverse abilities use Zoom and to use that knowledge to build more inclusive products.
Is the Accessibility Specialist that will drive accessibility across Zoom products and platforms. You will work with cross-functional teams to ensure Zoom products are accessible and easy to use for people with disabilities.
What you will do:
- Define the accessibility requirements for Zoom native and web applications. You will identify areas of improvement for accessibility, define technical requirements, and work with engineering partners, product managers, and product designers to deliver success.
- Evangelize accessibility in a fast-moving organization. You will enable product teams to craft accessible experiences by providing training, education, and best practices guidelines.
- Build an understanding of the needs of users with disabilities by performing research, processing user feedback, and fostering relationships with external accessibility stakeholders.
- Define, document, and manage an accessibility roadmap that will take Zoom’s product accessibility beyond just compliance.
- Be the accessibility expert to provide consultation to both internal and external accessibility inquiries.
A passionate accessibility advocate that is sensitive to the needs of people with disabilities. You have deep knowledge of how to craft accessible user experiences that go beyond just compliance. You can enthusiastically guide Zoom product teams to build accessible and inclusive products.
Skills you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Information Sciences, or in a related field
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to evangelize accessibility with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of how people with a variety of disabilities use assistive technologies (e.g., screen reader, screen magnifier, keyboard-only access) and the ability to analyze the impact of a barrier to accessibility.
- Strong understanding of accessibility standards such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)and Section 508.
- Experience with accessibility testing and auditing of desktop, mobile, or web front-end applications.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of captioning and sign language interpretation best practices
- Experience with performing usability research with users with disabilities
- Experience managing and driving accessibility compliance projects to completion
- Experience in educating and training other people about accessibility
- Strong understanding of current and upcoming trends in digital accessibility, policy, best practices, and universal design.